Have an idea that is bold, innovative and implementable?
For the first time ever, the City of Coral Gables is participating in Bloomberg Philanthropies Mayors Challenge for a chance to see one great idea implemented in our City that can also be used to help other cities. Submit an idea with a brief description and the winning idea’s creator will be able to select a special prize and receive formal recognition during a City Commission meeting. All you have to do is come up with an idea that has never been done before that can be implemented.
Submit your idea(s) by completing an e-form or email email@example.com or send by mail to:
Subject: Bloomberg Philanthropies Mayors Challenge
Office of Commissioner Vince Lago
405 Biltmore Way, 2nd Floor
Coral Gables, FL 33134
Include the following in your submission:
1. Identify a problem.
2. Briefly describe your idea.
3. Recommend a solution and describe how to make it happen
To view examples of past winning ideas click here: http://mayorschallenge.bloomberg.org/bold-ideas/
The creator of the winning idea can select one of the following prizes and will be formally recognized at a City Commission meeting:
• Invite up to 20 of your friends to a private historic trolley tour (with a guide) which will start at the Venetian Pool with Hor d’oeuvres!
• One year of free parking at any City parking garage (over a $1000 value)
• One year of trash collection fees waived for a Coral Gables single-family residence (over an $800 value)
• One year family membership to the Venetian Pool or Coral Gables Youth Center with gym included (up to a $1300 value)
• 4 VIP tickets to the 4Th of July Spectacular firework show at the Biltmore Hotel Golf Course, VIP parking, and a VIP dinner (over $1000 value).
• For City of Coral Gables employees only: Forty hours (40) of vacation time!
AND MORE PRIZES TO BE ANNOUNCED!
Open to all residents and non-residents. Upon submission, all titles and rights, tangible or not, to and in your submitted materials and ideas shall vest exclusively to the City of Coral Gables.
FAQs can be viewed here
*** The deadline to submit an idea is September 10, 2017. ***